Expectations of Coaches
Our football coaches will:
- Monitor the student-athlete’s academic eligibility, and encourage them to work hard and do their best in the classroom.
- Instill an enthusiastic commitment to excellence, and relentlessly pursue the SWC and CIAC LL Championships
- Support the coaches and student-athletes of the other sports programs at NMHS.
- Create a safe, secure, and well-supervised environment for all of the student-athletes.
- Provide strong leadership that includes discipline, respect, trust and praise.
- Set high expectations and declare well-defined goals.
- Give every student-athlete the opportunity to succeed.
- Maintain communication among coaches, athletes, parents and athletic director.
Expectations of Players
Our football players will:
- Pursue academic excellence through regular attendance, participation, effort and studious behavior in the classroom.
- Have a tremendous work effort and will never give up.
- Be in the greatest physical condition possible.
- Support the coaches and other student-athletes of the other sports programs at our school.
- Take great pride in team achievements and personal performance.
- Not dwell on team or personal mistakes.
- Understand that team achievements will take precedence over personal successes.
- Adhere to the New Milford High School substance abuse policy and encourage teammates to do the same.
- Be proud to be a member of the New Milford Green Wave football team.